STR vs SCO Dream11 Prediction: Adelaide Strikers will lock horns with the Perth Scorchers in the 49th game of BBL 2021-22. The Scorchers are on the top of the points table with 10 wins in 2 games while Adelaide are on the 5th spot with 3 wins and 8 losses.
Perth have been in excellent form in BBL 11. Their batters are playing really well and their bowlers have been phenomenal. Despite the absence of their star players like Mitchell Marsh, Jos Inglis, Tymal Mills, etc they have done a really good job as a team. Players like Andrew Tye, Matthew Kelly, and Ashton Turner, etc have stepped-up to the occasion. Perth will look to continue their winning streak.
Probable Playing 11: Kurtis Patterson, Nick Hobson, Laurie Evans (wk), Ashton Turner (c), Aaron Hardie, Chris Sabburg, Ashton Agar, Andrew Tye, Matthew Kelly, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou.
Strikers have been very poor in this BBL with only 3 wins and 8 losses in the 11 games they have played. Adelaide won their last game due to a phenomenal performance by Rashid Khan. He picked a 6-wicket haul against the Brisbane Heat. The Striker’s batting unit is the main reason for their poor performance with no one really performing consistently with the bat for them. Their bowling attack has been decent but Rashid Khan is unavailable for the remainder of the tournament and it’s a body blow for them. Senior players like Jake Weatherald, will have to step up and take responsibility now for their team.
Probable Playing 11: Matthew Short, Henry Hunt, Jake Weatherald, Ian Cockbain, Jonathan Wells, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen (wk), Henry Thornton, Peter Siddle (c), Fawad Ahmed, Harry Conway
Match: Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers BBL 2021-22
Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Date: 14th January 2022, 5:10 AM IST
Telecast: Sony Sports Network and Sony Liv App
The pitch at the Adelaide Oval is a good wicket for batting. The average 1st innings score is 166. Spinners will get some assistance as the game progresses. Teams batting first have won 36 out 59 games played.
STR vs SCO Injury Updates
No injury updates from any of the two sides.
STR Recent Form: WLWLL
SCO Recent Form: WWLWW
STR vs SCO Dream11: Head to Head
Total Matches: 19
STR vs SCO Dream11 Key Players
- Matthew Short has been in good form and is contributing with both bat and ball. He has scored 292 runs at an average of 29.20 and striking at 156.98. Short has also picked 4 wickets. He’s a very aggressive batter at the top of the order and onus will be on him to give his team a good start.
- Jonathan Wells is the highest run-scorer for Adelaide with 303 runs at an average of 30.30 and a strike rate of 127.31. Wells he holds one end keeps rotating the strike. He will be another key played for his team.
- Peter Siddle has 18 wickets to his name including a 5-for at an economy of 8.88. He’s the strike bowler for his side and will look to lead from the front with the ball.
- Andrew Tye is their highest wicket-taker with 19 wickets at an economy of 7.95. Tye bowls in the power-play and in the death overs and Perth will expect him to continue his good form with the ball.
- Matthew Kelly has been another excellent performer with the ball for the Scorchers. He has 14 wickets to his name including two 4-wicket hauls. He picks wickets when his team requires the most.
- Ashton Agar has been brilliant with his all round attributes. He has 118 runs at an average of 23.60 at a strike rate of 147.50. Agar has scored runs down the order and has picked 14 wickets as well. He will be very crucial with both bat and ball for Perth.
- Ashton Turner has found his form back in the last two games and has scored 69 and 47 in those two games respectively. He is a hard hitting batsman and can turn the tables in his team’s favor in matter of few balls. Turner will look to set an example as the captain with the bat.
STR vs SCO Dream11 Small League Captain & Vice-Captain
- Matthew Short
- Matthew Kelly
- Andrew Tye
- Ashton Agar
STR vs SCO Dream11 Grand League Captain and Vice-Captain
- Laurie Evans
- Peter Siddle
- Kurtis Patterson
STR vs SCO Dream11 Match Prediction
Adelaide are already struggling and no with Rashid Khan unavailable for them it will be a very tough task for them to defeat the table toppers. Perth Scorchers especially with their bowling attack are expected to win this game.
STR vs SCO Dream11 Grand League Tips
- Select bowlers of the team bowling first as captain and vice-captain in your fantasy teams.
- Perth Scorchers have very good pace attack so rotate their death bowlers as Captain and vice-captain.
- Create more teams in favor of Perth Scorchers.
- Select middle-order batters of Adelaide Strikers and top order of Perth if Adelaide bowls first.
STR vs SCO Dream11 Team
Wicket-Keeper: Harry Nielsen
Batsmen: Jonathan Wells, Kurtis Patterson, Ashton Turner, Ian Cockbain, Laurie Evans
All-Rounders: Matthew Short, Ashton Agar
Bowlers: Peter Siddle, Andrew Tye, Matthew KellyTips4FantasySports-Telegram
Feature Image Credit: Twitter
Disclaimer: All our picks are based on an in-depth analysis of the stats between two playing teams. Please use these stats/teams as a reference for preparing your own teams.